The deadline to send out this year’s Christmas mail is approaching. I really so love handwritten cards – they are so special to me and I’m happy about every single one that flutters into our mailbox. But if you want your cards to arrive on time before the holidays you have to hurry up a bit.
That’s why today I want to share with you a super easy craft tutorial and show you how you can create very nice Christmas cards from craft paper and some left over gift wrap in no time.
- Kraft paper / card blanks made of kraft paper
- Wrapping paper
- Glue (sticky tape is easy to use)
- Pencil, scissors, thin black marker
- On the back of the gift wrap use the pencil to trace a small house with a chimney - if you like you can put a little heart in the middle of the house.
- Carefully cut out the design and place it on the card.
- Secure it with glue, then draw a curved line above the chimney with the pencil.
- Write a Christmas greeting in capital letters along the pencil line. Let it dry, then erase the pencil and the cards are good to go!
We all have some gift wrap leftovers at home anyways, don’t we? So just go ahead and recycle them into Christmas cards! Do you even write Christmas cards at all? Or is it maybe not that important to you?
Stay sweet & HAPPY CRAFTING!