Christmas is nearly there and that means now it’s the time to wrap the presents and put them under the tree. And for this reason I’d like to share some inspiration with you.
Surely you all know the game Scrabble, which is about trying to score with words you come up with. I thought about how fun it would be to use these letters to label my gifts and maybe even start a little game under the tree: ‘Let’s see, whose name scores the highest?’
But for this DIY we’re not using the real pieces of wood but simply make some of foam rubber – I’ll show you how it’s done:
- white foam rubber
- one thin and one thick black marker
- Pencil, scissors, ruler, glue
- Use the pencil to draw small squares à 2 x 2 cm onto the foam rubber and then cut them out.
- Take the thick marker to draw the capital letters on the squares, then use the fine pen to add the numbers on the right side below the letter indicating the value. You can find lists on the internet for your respective language.
- Allow the marker to dry for a bit and then stick the squares onto your presents, ideally wrapped in simple paper and enjoy the look on people's face when they get the presents!
Simple and effective – I’m really looking forward to giving away those presents!
Stay sweet & HAPPY CRAFTING!