Do you have special plans for the holidays? Is it just going to be a relaxed party with your closest family or are you planning a big Christmas feast? In any case, it is always important to me to decorate the table nicely. Even if it’s just a few small elements, it makes everything look put together and I just love to decorate.
That’s why I’d like to share a bit of inspiration with you today – maybe you’ll find a few ideas that you’d like to use on your own table this Christmas – there’s still a wee bit of time left. I also have a little DIY for you: Turn simple white porcelain plates into a real eye-catcher on the table with just some black and gold paint and a little time!
- white porcelain plates
- porcelain color in black and gold
- Clean the plates well, so that they are free of dust and grease.
- Now mix the two colours (I used THIS and THIS here) in small cups with a little thinner (compatible with the colour) to achieve a watercolor-like consistency.
- Apply thin layers of paint and repeat until you get your desired look - lightly let the paint dry in between layers, so it doesn't mix too much.
- Let the finished design dry for 24 hours, then bake in the oven according to the manufacturer's instructions to make it durable.
True to the black and gold color scheme, I have put together a table decoration with these pretty plates. Just scroll through the pictures – in between there are also a few links to manufacturers or sources!
The black table cloth is from Action.
The ‘vase’ actually is an old tea tin, spray painted golden and filled with floral foam.
Do you like the combination of black and gold? Which elements do you like most?
Stay sweet & HAPPY CRAFTING!
This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. All products are purchased by myself and linked only for your information.