I am an autumn child through and through but *damn* it got really cold real fast. Last morning when I left the house for work I quite literally froze for a few seconds debating in my head wheather I should run back upstairs and change into warmer clothes or not. The fact that I was already quite late won and so I sprinted into my car and immediately turned on the heating.
Those temperatures almost leave you with no other choice than to warm yourself from the inside. Yes sure – tea, hot chocolate and Co. do that job very well but there’s another exiciting way! Try this autumnal sangria recipe for a change: seasonal fruit, smooth red wine and a hint of cinnamon… the perfect way to relax after work.
- 150 g pomegranate seeds
- 150 g blackberries
- 1 apple
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 160 ml Calvados
- 1 bottle (750 ml) of red wine (z.B. Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Malbec)
- 100 ml clear apple juice
- 200 ml cold still water (optional)
- Wash blackberries and apple, then remove the core from the apple and slice thinly.
- Put both together with the pomegranate seeds and cinnamon stick into a big tumbler or jug (holding about 2 l). Then add Calvados and red wine and mix well. Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Top with cold apple juice and - depending on how strong you want the drink to be - some ice cold water. Mix well, pour into cups and serve!
Tipsy fruit, some sweetness & a big batch of autumn feeling… sounds like a perfect autumn night to me. What’s your favourite way to end the day?
Stay sweet & HAPPY MIXING!