I hope you’ll have a happy 3rd Sunday of Advent! Slowly but surely things are getting serious – Christmas is coming! Time for a little checklist:
- Christmas tree 👉 done (we actually did that 2 weeks ago already)
- Organise gifts 👉 I think I’m on a good way, quite a bit earlier than usual so I feel prepared
- Planning Christmas dinner 👉 here I’m still a bit undecided, but at least the aperitif is sorted
Before dinner starts, I will serve utterly delicious spiced apple sorbet topped with fantastic apple champagne to my guests! Only a few weeks ago I came across this apple champagne and absolutely totally fell for it – love at first sip. So of course it had to be part of my Christmas menue this year.
Anyway, the cocktail is a wonderful starter: fruity & fresh with slight Christmas flavours. It doesn’t need much preparation, just a bit of time for the sorbet to freeze in peace – sounds easy? Is really is and therefore perfect for Christmas!
- 4 apples
- 80 g brown sugar
- 300 ml apple juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground star anise
- a little vanilla
- some lime juice
- 1 bottle apple champagne
- For the sorbet, wash the apples, remove the core and cut them unpeeled into small chunks. Put them into a saucepan together with the brown sugar, apple juice, spices and a dash of lime juice. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and purée thoroughly. Pass the mixture through a fine sieve and pour it into a shallow plastic bowl. Close and freeze for at least 12 hours (preferably overnight).
- Take the sorbet from the freezer about 15-30 minutes before serving. Put one scoop of sorbet in a glass, pour the apple champagne on top and serve immediately!
Fast, easy and delicious! Also really unique and probably not something you’d serve every day. But to be honest: the apple champagne is so good – I could definitely drink it every day.
This amazing drink is made by Johannes from Adams Apfel. His dream: bottles filled with a delicious drink that will never empty. And as long as that doesn’t work yet, he lovingly produces a steady supply of his Apple Champagne. And speaking of bottles – have a look at the lovely label! ♥ It makes my little design heart beats a bit faster!
The Apple Champagne is available in two varieties: dry and semi-dry and both taste very delicious! To give you the chance to taste it yourself, I will give away 4 x 1 bottle to you!
HOW TO ENTER:
You can participate by commenting on this post, via Facebook and on Instagram – you can thus secure 1 entry on each platform (that a maximum of 3 entries per participant). My question is the same everywhere: Which is your favourite Christmas tradition?
- The raffle starts on 16.12.2018 at 10:00 and ends on 19.12.2018 at 23:59 (CET).
- Eligible are readers from Germany, who are at least 18 years old.
- Participation is via the submission of a comment on the blog and under the corresponding on Facebook and Instagram posts.
- The raffle is not affiliated with Facebook / Instagram and is not sponsored or organized by Facebook / Instagram in any way.
So I wish you the best of luck and until then…
Stay sweet & HAPPY SORBET MAKING!