are you #TEAMDOG or #TEAMCAT or maybe even #TEAMSTAYAWAYFROMME? A cat girl named Bailey has been living with me for many years now, so I am very used to cats. Then, almost a year ago, a black ball of fluff moved in with my sister and her family. He answers to the name of Campino (more or less acurately) and since then the cat has to share her food from time to time with the dog – as you can imagine she is not thrilled about it.
Meanwhile, the small (or by now rather large) bugger has stolen all of our hearts and to celebrate his first Christmas as part of the family, I baked him a large portion of dog treats. They are super easy to make and his happy tail wagging made it worth the effort ♥
- 200 g rolled oats
- 150 g cottage cheese
- 100 g liver sausage or pâté
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a smooth dough.
- Place the dough on a floured work surface and roll it out evenly. Cut out the desired shape (e.g. little bones) and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Put the tray into the cold oven, then turn the oven on to 200° C (180° C convection) and bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow the treats to cool well and then feed them right away or store in a air tight container for up to 3 weeks.
And now the ultimate taste test… do you think he liked them? Let’s see:
I’d say it looks like a success!
Stay sweet & HAPPY BAKING!