a few days ago I caught myself humming (very) loudly while being in the office, surrounded by my colleagues. Sunny Day, Sweepin’ the clouds away… I had an incrediblly stubborn earworm. On my way to where the air is sweet… And no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t get rid of it. Can you tell me how to get … And I bet, meanwhile, you’re singing too, because we all wann know how to get to Sesame Street! 😂
That’s what I was singing under my breath all day long and I think my colleagues didn’t find it very amusing after a while. But there are just so many wonderful childhood memories connected with this song: Big Bird, Grover, Elmo & the Count von count ♥ And of course, the Cookie Monster! C is for cookie … and that brings us to todays recipe, cookies! More specifically really nice cookies with white chocolate and salted macadamia nuts. That mix of sweet and salty turns them into something very special – try it for yourself!
- 230 g softened butter
- 150 g brown sugar
- 50 g sugar
- 100 g custard powder 'cream' or 'white chocolate' flavour
- 2 eggs
- some vanilla extract
- 290 g flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 200 g white chocolate chips (or chopped white chocolate)
- 130 g salted macadamia nuts
- Preheat the oven to 180° C and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Beat butter, brown sugar and sugar for about 2 minutes until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and stir well.
- In a second bowl, combine the flour, custard powder, baking soda and salt, then add it to the egg mixture stir until everything is combined. Fold in the white chocolate and nuts, then scoop out about one tablespoon of dough, shape into balls, place on the parchment paper (with sufficient space in between) and press them down lightly.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Let them cool completely and serve!
These cookies convinced my slightly annoyed colleagues to like me again – I always knew it, cookies are the best bribe! How do you make your loved ones happy when you have misbehaved?
Stay sweet & HAPPY BAKING!