Halloween is coming up this week and just like every year I’m in two minds. On the one hand, being rational, I think the whole deal is very overrated and it’s nothing to be excited about. But on the other hand I kinda like it. It’s just one of those occasions when you can be crazy and creative and overall just different than usual. And if I had to choose between Halloween or German Carnival, Halloween would definitely win!
The big problem right now: There is so sooo much to do at the moment that I don’t even have time for such things. In theory and if I’m being a rational thinking adult. In reality, I had a super cute – uhhhhm scary – recipe idea, that I simply needed to make. There was no other way. But see for yourself…
- 75 g butter
- 50 g sugar
- 25 g brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- 35 ml milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 125 g flour
- 40 g mini chocolate chips
- pretzel sticks
- 300 g white chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Combine butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, milk, salt and flour to make the cookie dough, then fold in the chocolate.
- Take a piece of cookie dough, flatten it and wrap it around a pretzel stick.
- Make 4 little balls of dough and attach 2 at each end. Repeat the process until all the cookie dough is used up, then put everything in the fridge for half an hour to set.
- In the meantime, roughly chop the white chocolate and melt together with the coconut oil.
- Now remove the bones from the refrigerator and even out any remaining bumps. Use a fork to dip them into the melted chocolate and cover them evenly. Drain excess chocolate and place on a smooth surface.
- Let it set in the fridge for a further 30 minutes, then if necessary, shave off small chocolate drips with a knife or vegetable peeler and serve!
How do you ‘celebrate’ Halloween? Do you dress up & if yes, what are you going to be?
Stay sweet & HAPPY HALLOWEEN!