not long now and then it will be Christmas – so slowly but surely it’s time to calm down a bit. Enough with all the stress and the hustle and bustle. How great would it be if you could just gift some quiet and peace?
Unfortunately I haven’t found a way yet to preserve that in jars, but with delicious spice blends like this Galic Herb Salt, you can make sure your loved ones have a bit of an easier time while cooking.
- 2-3 bunches of fresh herbs (such as parsley, rosemary, thyme, sage, ...)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 250 g table salt
- Wash, dry and finely chop the herbs. Spread onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Peel the garlic and slice it very thinly. Add to the herbs and put the tray into the oven at 50° C to dry for about 2-3 hours. It is best to put a wooden spoon in the oven door so that the moisture can escape.
- After that time, turn off the oven and let the herbs cool down.
- Grind to a fine powder with a food processor, then combine with the salt and fill it into jars.
This salt has become indispensable in my own kitchen and is my all-purpose weapon from the spice rack – you really must try it!
Stay sweet & HAPPY COOKING!